Ruth II's incredibly generous owner Liam has instructed me to post once more before we leave.
1. Things went a bit bananas yesterday up the mountain - that's my midnight lunchbox sorted for some time.
2. The note on the door of the church....
3. ...and the reason why. The island has a resident wild population, along with rabbits, rats and other imports.
4. The "Dew Pond" just below the highest peak - Charles Darwin was given the job of trying to sort out water for passing ships and his solution was to try to create a rain forest and planted loads of trees. Not sure if it worked....
5. ... but there was plenty of money spent on water collection systems - if you zoom in you may find a wild black sheep!
6. The Red Lion was not a pub unfortunately - think it was where all the water workers lived.
7. And finally - this is our way off the island - cling to the ropes as you jump on to a dinghy or ferry and just make sure you time the swell.
Next post will definitely be at sea - I think!!!
Thanks Tom. Looks like your make great progress. Enjoy and I hope the weather holds fare. BartleyReplyDelete
Great pics Tom thanks - looks like you had a super stop and welcome from the people there. LReplyDelete